- The Bodycote facility was able to measure it’s total gas consumption, but it was unable to measure how much gas was being used at each of its furnaces.
- Without a clear understanding of per furnace gas usage, managers were unable to effectively increase plant efficiency, diminishing the plant’s profitability.
- Working with an ISA100 Wireless supplier, Bodycote defined the following parameters for each IQ furnace:
- Furnace total gas usage per load
- Furnace efficiency
- Plant utility costs
- Heat treat area gas usage as compared to facility use
- ISA100 Wireless transmitters ranged 0-100” H20 were installed on each of the four furnaces main gas lines to sense the actual CfH, as well as summing Cf per second using four virtual pens.
- Achieved better understanding of associated costs to run specific products in furnaces.
- Enabled the development of a baseline for future plant improvement and proactive maintenance.
- Improved reliability of gas usage and cost data.
- Improved efficiency of four furnaces due to better data analysis.
- Increased worker safety through remote furnace monitoring.
- Simplified scheduling of furnace preventative maintenance.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.