ENAP Aconcagua Refinery
- The refinery needed to be able to measure pH, oxygen concentration, temperature, flow, and opacity of water discharged into the ocean in order to meet new environmental regulations.
- Measurements needed to be made on a real-time basis in a safe, secure, and cost effective manner.
- Engineers chose an ISA100 Wireless network for several reasons:
- Fast data update.
- A back door path in case of network breakdown.
- Self-healing mesh networks to ensure reliability.
- A battery life of up to ten years with one second update rates, as transmitters do not need to dual task.
- Saved more than $100,000 as compared to wired alternatives.
- Real-time accessibility to data previously unavailable due to rough terrain.
- Avoided corrosion maintenance costs that would have accompanied a wired solution.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.