Frontier El Dorado
- The Frontier El Dorado Refining Company knew the total amount of material going into its Flare Gas Recovery Unit (FGRU), but did not know where it was coming from.
- Each event required an individual investigation of every unit, consuming time and decreasing efficiency.
- Given that this project spanned the entire plant and involved monitoring pressures in remote locations, Frontier El Dorado chose ISA100 Wireless to do the job.
- 10 ISA100 Wireless multinodes were implemented throughout the one square mile refinery at each FGRU’s tie-in to the main flare header.
- The ISA100 Wireless solution provided a secure link between the multinodes and the DCS.
- Enabled process engineers to quickly detect pressure changes that would indicate the flow of process material from a unit to the FGRU.
- Manpower and time savings while improving decision making.
- A wireless system seamlessly integrated into the existing DCS, making for a uneventful transition.
- Substantial reduction in the engineering time spent locating the precise source of FGRU load.
- Significant reduction in the amount of engineering and designer time required to issue construction packages for transmitter installations.
- 50% reduction in the cost to install compared to traditional wired transmitters.
- Saving on transmitter costs, due to ability to connect multiple sensors to a single transmitter and monitor them as separate process variables.
- A scalable infrastructure that is easily expandable to areas presently without coverage.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.