- Hexion needed to upgrade its smoke detection system.
- The smoke warning system included a manual telephone call to the Hexion warehouse as the only way to pass on information.
- 8 ISA100 Wireless transmitters were installed at the smoke reporting units. These transmitters send their data to a central base radio, placed in a high position in the neighborhood control room. From there data is sent to the Distributed control system via wire.
- Each transmitter can send signals 600 to 800 meters. Repeaters can be added to traverse greater distances, even up to several kilometers
- A star network configuration was used, with a frequency of 886 MHz and a bandwidth of 5 MHz. This is enough for 15-18 transmitters.
- Wireless transmitters installed at less than one-third of the original estimated cost.
- Reliable, immediate, and accurate data helped meet and maintain regulatory requirements.
- Easy access to multiple warehouse data and improved reporting and communication to the central control room for improved safety and performance.
- Reduced operational and maintenance costs.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.