- Shire received FDA approval for a new pharmaceutical product and had to act quickly to build a plant to produce the new offering. They needed a wireless system with the ability to scale up quickly, and with proven technical capabilities.
- Shire selected wireless stations built on ISA100 Wireless technology rather than the more traditional hardened wash-down enclosures.
- Installed 23 wireless stations and 1 mesh network.
- Fast network implementation
- Reduced maintenance costs relative to wired alternative.
- Reduced personnel needed for commissioning and start up, saving money.
- Highly flexible network, allowing the plant to change direction quickly and easily with minimal cost incurred.
- Wireless allows Shire to effectively focus resources on critical plant areas and quickly adapt and change operating and commissioning priorities, allowing schedules to be compressed as required by market demand.
- Reduced equipment cost, including computer and enclosure costs, software licensing fees, and the often overlooked annual operation expenses for a business computer, which can be 3-5 times the hardware cost of the computer.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.