Fiber Manufacturing Plants
Use Case: Temperature Monitoring in a Dryer
Temperature monitoring at various drying stages. Distance from the first measurement point to the point to the control room is approx. 130 meters. Switchover of existing temperature monitoring system from off-line to on-line.
- Manual temperature reading requires walking about 130 m and climbing up and down elevated sections of the dryer stages.
- Multiple temperature measurement points along the various stages of the dryer require many cables to the control room.
- Very high humidity.
- Wireless temperature measurement
- GWX1, Transmitter (YTA) x2 at measuring points near the dryer entry point, repeater x2 (for redundancy).
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
- The PER (packet error rate) was 0%.
Benefits of ISA 100 to Industry
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future-proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.