Use Case: Pressure and temperature monitoring
Replacement of the pressure and thermal gauges. The gauge sensors in the existing system are off-line (no communication).
- Daily manual reading of pressure and temperature gauges with report by phone.
- The customer wants to change measurement from off-line to on-line.
- Cabling for wired transmitters in huge plants (up to 300 meters long) is expensive.
- Wireless pressure and temperature monitoring (Temporary installation for communication tests)
- GW with 3 m extended antenna cable x1 on the roof of the control room
- Transmitter (YTA and EJX) x 8
- Repeater x2 on a tower which is about 40 m high. (One repeater covers 4 transmitters).
- The maximum distance between the GW and transmitters is approximately 300 m.
- Very high quality wireless communication via repeater was confirmed.
Benefits of ISA 100 to Industry
- Eliminates wiring costs.
- Eliminates manual gauge reading and maintenance costs.
- Greater communication range than with Wireless HART.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
Speak with the ISA100 Wireless Experts
Purpose-built by the industry for the industry to meet end users’ requirements and future-proof investments. ISA100 Wireless simplifies wireless operations, improves plant performance, and reduces your operational costs.